It actually turned out to be pretty fun and I was amazed that most people stayed engaged in the Q & A and were still in attendance when the lights came back on and I was able to finish my lecture. I even got a special “The Show Must Go On Award” at the final banquet. It sits proudly on the bookshelf in my office.
I thought I would share a part of that video footage with everyone. It will give you a taste of what it is like to attend a parrot training event. Here are some of the main points the lecture covered.
• Parrot behavior (good and bad) happens for a reason.
• Changing the environment is one good strategy to address a parrot behavior problem.
• Make it irresistible to your parrot to do something else, instead of the undesired behavior.
• It is important to avoid using force, coercion or aversives with your parrot.
• Sometimes solving parrot behavior problems requires creative thinking.
• Instead of focuses on stopping bad behavior, focus on training your parrot to do what it is you want.
• 10 common parrot training mistakes.
The player will show in this paragraph
I should remind everyone that Parrot Festival is coming up again in January 2011. I will be there again as well as Robin Shewokis of the Leather Elves. Both she and I are offering a special 10% discount on online purchases made between November 21, 2010 and December 3, 2010.
PARROT PRODUCT DISCOUNT CODES:
To get your discount on parrot training products from Good Bird Inc just visit the Good Bird Inc website. When you are ready to checkout enter the code GBHDZE10. This should show a 10% discount off your order (discount does not apply to shipping or taxes)
To get your discount on parrot toys and enrichment information visit The Leather Elves website. When you are ready to check out enter the code BIRDBF. This should show a 10% discount off your order (discount does not apply to shipping or taxes)
Orders placed in the US by December 3rd will be shipped in time for the Holidays.
Copyright 2010 Good Bird Inc